Are you as excited as I am that it officially felt like fall this past weekend?! It cooled down just slightly and I immediately threw on a big sweater and scarf. It was definitely not quite cold enough for that, but I clearly didn’t care. Seeing all of the apples and pumpkins at the grocery store right now makes me so happy. It’s the little things and the first few fall days definitely call for some pumpkin bread. Not that pumpkin bread really needs to be messed with, but I figured adding a little nutella couldn’t really hurt.
The problem is that after just one slice of this, I don’t think I can ever really go back to making just ordinary pumpkin bread. Who knew that pumpkin and nutella are a match made in heaven!? I guess you could put nutella on just about anything and call it amazing, but just trust me, you HAVE to go make this immediately. The good news is that aside from the nutella, this pumpkin bread really isn’t all that indulgent. I used whole wheat flour, coconut oil and skim milk and kept the sugar to a minimum. I mean, we sort of have to pace ourselves for all of the cider donuts and apple crisp in our near future. It is fall after all…
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, milk, oil and pumpkin. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Grease a loaf pan and add half of the batter. Warm the nutella in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add half of the nutella in spoonfuls over the batter. Use a knife to swirl. Add remaining batter and then remaining nutella and swirl again.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.