Sadly it’s time for my last Mystery Dish installment. I have had SO much fun being a part of this group, but I am starting Dental School in a couple of months and while I hope to still blog as much as possible, I know I won’t have as much time. Luckily, Andi from The Weary Chef has agreed to take over for me and I know that she will be great! This month was hosted by Cate from Chez CateyLou and she came up with a great list of ingredients. We had to use two ingredients from the following: raspberries, peanut butter chips, edamame, lemon, yeast, whole wheat pastry flour, bacon, buttermilk, basil and zucchini.
Being the peanut butter lover that I am, I immediately chose peanut butter chips and brainstormed from there. I happily settled on these incredible peanut butter cookies stuffed with both semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. I also used whole wheat pastry flour and these cookies tasted just as good as those made with white flour. You wouldn’t even know the difference!
These cookies have HUGE peanut butter flavor and they are perfectly soft and fluffy, just the way I like them. These are definitely cookies that I will be making again and again. Don’t forget to check out all the other great recipes everyone else made below!
1. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake with Buttermilk Glaze – Baking a Moment
2. Twice Baked Zucchini Boat – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
3. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Raspberry Mint Compote – Blahnik Baker
4. Lemon-Raspberry Bundt Cake – I Dig Pinterest
5. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – The Dessert Chronicles
6. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – I Want Crazy
7. Zucchini Noodles with Meat Mushroom Tomato Sauce – Joyfully Healthy Eats
8. Baked Wonton Cups Filled with Edamame Corn Salad – The Well Floured Kitchen
9. Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy
10. BBQ Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Basil Ranch Dressing – The Pajama Chef
11. Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Culinary Couture
12. Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze – The Weary Chef
13. Lemon Bundt Cake – Chez CateyLou
Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Yield: About 20 cookies
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
granulated sugar to roll cookies in
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and egg on medium speed until creamy. With mixer on low speed, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Form 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.